[orca-list] an interesting pidgin question

hi all

This is a little off topic for this list but it does have to do with orca. Does anyone know if pidgin, the instant messenger uses gtk2 or gtk3 for it's ui? I ask because when installing mate in antergos, mate does not come with accessibility activated, and without that, pidgin is inaccessible to orca. However, gtk3 apps are still accessible. Once accessibility is turned on, which basically puts GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge into gtk-accessibility.sh, pidgin works. In mate, the gtk3 version, this isn't needed, orca works with mate out of the box, including it's panel and file manager. However, there is one small issue with the gtk3 version of caja. Orca does not announce selections. When you select multiple files, orca is silent. I'm not sure if this is an orca issue or a caja one. This is being sent from mellisa's windows box so you'll see windows in the headers. Joanie, I'm sad to say that maximizing the browser window didn't improve the antergos site much. It did make the download links available, but bringing up a list of anything, links, buttons, clickables is painfully slow. So slow I thought it had frozen. However, this is with orca stable, I haven't tested with master. Should I test with that and report back?

Thanks

Kendell Clark