Re: [orca-list] sorry if offtopic: my problems and hoping to get solutions regarding first time linux users, that does not know anything, and does not have other machine to googling.

Title: Assinatura Informal

    Hi.

Sorry for my poor english!

I am using linux as my primary system since 2009 and I've to admit that the begin was not so easy. I had problems related to speech-dispatcher, synthesizers, some applications and etc. I needed sighted assistance to solve  many problems and I had to reinstall my system many times.

Also I had problems when I began to use windows, although I didn't  need to install windows in my machine because there was no accessibility in the windows installation. In general I received the machine with all software installed, including the screen reader. When there was a failure  in my windows machine, I was forced to ask for sighted assistance.

I am 60 years old and I work with computers since 1976, when there were only mainframes.
Because of that I think I can say that there is no perfect accessibility solution unless both eyes.

Actualy I use arch linux in my laptop to navigate in internet, read e-mails, develop applications, chartand etc.
Arch is not easy to install but it is updated constantly. This allows for fixes and improvements to the accessibility layer to be incorporated more quickly.

I hope what I have written may be of some help.