[orca-list] Orca, VMWare and Wayland

Hi all,

Apologies in advance if this is not entirely Orca related, but as its related to keyboard input and many of us rely on the keyboard more than fully sighted people, I'm hoping this is a good place to get some feedback.

I have an issue running Orca and VMWare under Wayland:

In the past, once focus switches to the VMWare guest OS, Orca is silent and all keyboard input is directed to the guest. This is great and exactly what I'd expect.

Under Wayland, it seems impossible to do an Alt+Tab inside the guest as every time I do it, Orca starts speaking and I get switched to another application on the host.

Its as if VMWare isn't able to grab all keyboard input under Wayland like it does under X.

Has anyone else experienced keyboard issues under Wayland? And does anyone know if I should take this up with Wayland or VMWare?

It's a bit of a Wayland showstopper at the moment, and with more distributions switching to Wayland by default I'd really like to get it sorted.

Thanks,

Nick