Re: [orca-list] I'm an idiot. Someone wanna help me install this thing?

He's running Ubuntu-MATE for this test, so there isn't an AUR there.

Try looking for either python-pygobject or python-gobject. If there are any other errors, you are likely missing more packages. It may help to run something like
sudo apt-get build-deps gnome-orca
first, assuming I have that command right. It's been a while since I tried to run orca from git on Ubuntu or any other .deb based system, so it may be wrong. In any case, it's something like that, so you may want to get help from
apt-get --help
Sent from my thermal scanner