Gesendet: Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2017 um 16:29 Uhr
Von: "B. Henry" <burt1iband gmail com>
An: orca-list gnome org
Betreff: Re: [orca-list] suggestion: add sounds for entering/exiting browse and focus modes, turning on and off orca
The on and off sounds seem a bit much, but as a replacement for the announcement(s) we have would make sense.
The browse/focus mode sounds would be a very good option to add, but also should be available as a replacement for verbal announcements as well as
having a silent mode and one that would have both the current announcements and the proposed sound icons.
Little bits of data like this are the perfect place to use a short soundinstead of a verbal anouncement that will usually take a bit longer to listen to
and process in the computer-user's brain.

--
B.H.
Registerd Linux User 521886

kendell clark wrote:
Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 06:55:37AM -0600

> hi all
> Does anyone else think it would be nice to have the option of having
> sounds for when you enter and exit focus/browse mode, and when orca
> is turned on and off? Configurable of course, since some people will
> want one or the other. This is not a critical feature or anything,I
> just thought I'd bring it up while I was thinking about it. Can
> orca's sound support be used for this, rather than having to ship
> sound files?
>
> Thanks
> Kendell Clark

End of quoted content