Re: [orca-list] qt-at-spi 32 bit on arch

yes, the 32bit alsa pkg is useful, I got it as a dep for something a long time ago, and think
more than one app I uses requires it.
I asume you have more than one server uncommented in your pacman mirrorlist file, but if not do
so.
I do not know what exactly is going on, but the correct version now is 29, not 28 i.e.
lib32-util-linux 2.29.1-1
 the build date for the version I list is the  20th of Jan, although I just installed it
yesterday, so somehow you are showing an old version...I'd replace my whole pkg database with
pacman -Syyu
in case yours is somehow corrupted or similar. This could happen if you got some packages from
one server, and other from another perhaps, aand or your database update was from one server
but you were downloading the packages from another and the first was not up to date.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Janina Sajka via orca-list wrote:
Wed, Feb 01, 2017 at 10:13:01AM -0500

Hi,

I tried to install this, as I agree it's the right approach.

This resulted in a prompt to replace gcc with the multi-lib gcc, which I
expect is the right approach, too. However, I error out with a 404
trying to find:

lib32-util-linux-2.28.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

So, I'm looking at unresolved dependencies, at least as of this writing.

PS: I suppose I should also get 32-bit ALSA libs, while I'm at it. That
might, frankly, just be useful across the board with media.

Janina

Peter Vágner writes:
Hello,

Every so often this discussion repeats here that I have finally managed to
add a proper lib32-qt-at-spi package to the aur.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/lib32-qt-at-spi

I believe we will forgot all the hacks, distributing binaries and copying
them manually what only introduces more and more confusion.

Incidentally I've also updated qt-at-spi i.e. the 64 bit counterpart to pull
from a working git repository.

Greetings

Peter