Re: [orca-list] Getting started using orca under ubuntu

Hello,

Le 30/12/2017 à 14:31, Alex ARNAUD a écrit :
Le 29/12/2017 à 15:16, Jacob Kruger a écrit :
In other words, should I consider a prior version of ubuntu, or a completely different instance of linux,
or is there some additional setting, or form of configuration I should look into?

You should consider to use the Mate desktop because it's the most accessible and IMO the simplest. There is
Ubuntu Mate version available.

Best regards.

Then I'd suggest choosing a distribution with Mate 1.18, which is the case of the Artful (17.10) and Zesty
(17.04) editions that are soon to be no more supported according to this web page:
https://ubuntu-mate.org/download/ bot not of the long term supported Xenial (16.04) that ships 1.16.

As a reminder, the Mate teams claims that Mate 1.18 brings an enhanced  accessibility with Hypra's help.

You can also give a go to Slint64-14.2.1 that I intend to support for several years and ships Mate 1.18 among
other graphical environments.

The website is there: http://slint.fr/wiki//en/start and I add some hopefully useful links:
http://slint.fr/wiki/en/installation
http://slint.fr/wiki/en/accessibility
http://slint.fr/wiki/en/software_management

Caveat: I am not sure that these web pages (built using DokuWiki) be fully accessible, especially using a web
browser like lynx.

@All: please let me know about issues to access these pages, so that I provide an alternate formatting if
need be.

Greetings,