Re: [orca-list] Orca not automatically starting with the desktop, although configured

Did you also enable accessibility in that control center too? If not, that may be your problem. Accessibility is its own setting distinct from orca.

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017, Jeanette C. wrote:

Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 18:21:48
From: Jeanette C. <julien mail upb de>
Subject: [orca-list] Orca not automatically starting with the desktop,
    although configured

Hey hey again,
I have configured MATE to start Orca in the control centre app. Having rechecked the setting, it all looks fine. I still have to run Orca using Alt+F2 every time.

Is there a known catch here? I read about a missing orca.desktop file since version 3.22. Is this still an issue? I certainly can't find it on my system with a quick locate.

Best wishes and thanks,

Jeanette

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound

Can't you see I'm a fool in so many ways <3
(Britney Spears)