[orca-list] Orca reacts sluggishly

Hey hey,
I noticed that Orca reacts rather sluggishly. At first I put it down to the system waiting for the speech to be partly complete, but turning it off, it's the same.

Using MATE on a quadcore 3GHz machine with no other demanding tasks shouldn't eat up that much CPU. Is this to be expted? What's the first parameter to tweak to improve that? The system is tuned for realtime audio work, as much as the hardware would allow.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound

Can't you see I'm a fool in so many ways <3
(Britney Spears)