Re: [orca-list] ALSA Card Ordering [Was: I hate pulse]

Micha:

For me this is yet another reason to stay away from pulse. The last
thing I need with 5 sound cards is having some bot deciding which ones
should do what, and in what order. I have no use for machines that
ignore my specified configurations to make up their own.

In other words, this is just another way for things to break.

Janina

Michał Zegan writes:
actually from what i know, pulseaudio does not go by ordering, but it
prioritizes cards based on type like internal card vs usb card vs
whatever... etc