Re: [orca-list] Orca without Brltty

Hello,

I do have brltty installed because technically orca requires it in Arch linux at packaging level. However brltty is and has never been running here and orca is working fine on both normal gnome session as well as on the GDM greeter session. I have tuned my orca confin when inside gnome session however I'm running orca with no qconfiguration changes on the GDM greeter session.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 26. 4. 2017 9:50 PM používateľ "José Vilmar Estácio de Souza" <vilmar informal com br> napísal:
Try to disable braille on orca preferences.

Vojtěch Polášek writes:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to run Orca without Brltty? I am running Orca and Brltty
> on Arch Linux. I am running Brltty as a system service through Systemd.
>
> But I don't use braille display on Linux, I use it only in my Windows
> VM. I disabled automatic startup of Brltty and Orca stopped working on
> login screen. Is Orca somehow dependend on Brltty?
>
> If I disable Brltty after I am logged in, Orca continues to work normally.
>
> Thanks for help,
>
> Vojta

José Vilmar, Telefones: 21 2555-2650 e 21 98868-0859, Skype: jvilmar