Re: [orca-list] Still can't get Speakup to run

Hi,
I have not followed this discussion, so sorry if I say things already said. 1. If you can get speech in the console, I.E. ctrl-alt-f1 through 6, using a command like espeak hello, then installing espeakup is likely your best and easiest option to get speakup going.
You have to do modprobe speakup_soft start=1 before running espeakup.
Speakup is in what is called staging in the standard kernel.
All Linuxes therefore do not have speakup support, but ubuntu 16.04 does.
It might be better to subscribe to the speakup list and ask the questions there.
Regards, Willem