[orca-list] How to enable java assistive tech on ubuntu 16.04.2 with orca 3.18?

Hi all,

On my Ubuntu 16.04.2 computer, Java assistive technology seems to be disabled by default. In fact, when I launched a java app, Orca could not report anything.

Therefore, I tried to create a file named .accessibility.properties under my home directory. This file has a line containing:

assistive_technologies=org.GNOME.Accessibility.AtkWrapper

Now, when I launch a java app, I get an exception beginning with the line:

java.awt.AWTError: Assistive Technology not found: org.GNOME.Accessibility.AtkWrapper

I tried either with the OpenJDK natively bundled with Ubuntu, or with the regular Oracle Java 8 jvm, to no avail.

What did I miss in order for orca to voice the windows of a java app please?

Many thanks in advance. Have a nice day. Chris D