Re: [orca-list] options apart from pidgin for facebook

On Wednesday 05 April 2017 04:20 PM, Rob wrote:
Krishnakant <krmane openmailbox org> wrote;
I wish to know if people use other software or plugins in other programs
to do fb chat.
I tryed with latest Thunderbird but the option for facebook in new chat
is not there.

What about bitlbee? There's a facebook plugin and you can use pigin to connect to your bitlbee server. Or use
a public one such as the one found at
im.bitlbee.org

Is it some thing similar to m.facebook.com?
I wish to have a chat client and if pidgin can't connect to fb, would this not add an extra layer, thus making it more difficult?
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.