Re: [orca-list] Web: say "link" before the link's name

Hello,

I think a while ago we had a disscussion on this whether we would like to hear object role and state first and at that time most of the people who were interested in the discussion prefered it the way it's currently implemented.

Also I can remember back in the days we were discussing the same thing within NVDA community. The general consensus is that hearing the content and then complementary info such as object role and state is secondary.

I think for some states such as pressed, checked, unchecked there might be a place for exceptions but I don't think we would completelly like to reverse object role announcement.

For example would you like to hear thunderbird window or window thunderbird?

Greetings

Peter