Re: [orca-list] Mail client

In the sense that anything that is not growing is diing, then I guess you have a point.
Right when mozila had a chance to push t-bird to a new level, i.e. they'd added chat support, they abandoned
the project basically.
That feature could have been optimized and improved, but it has not been enhanced since first included as far
as I know. On the other hand, it kept working
when most everything else stopped supporting facebook chat for a while and or with out a new plugin.
I know of people who never liked t-bird, but have only heard a few cases of it not working as well as it used
to.
It hardly matters.
There should be alternative for folks, and while not true gui aps, bothmutt and alpine are fine programs with
rather different interfaces that can be run
in terminal windows with good results. Both have been around forever pretty much with in our context, and are
not going to die out any time soon.
Also, some people like the mail programs developed to work with emasc or VI, very accessible and good for
folks who like those editors, or at least one of
them/...lol.
I think most of the folks who use evolution are happy with it as well, but I've never had athe need or time
to try it.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Fernando Botelho wrote:
Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 03:05:03PM -0300

There are some that are lucky enough not to have issues with Thunderbird,
but others, like me, are looking for alternatives. Thunderbird is clearly a
package in decline, regardless of wheather it is community maintained or
not.

Fernando