Re: [orca-list] Ot: getting speakup started on a gentoo install cd or dvdspeakup_soft as a boot parameter if memory serves. Even if you manage to get it talking gentoo handbook is way out of date and I never did figure how to build a kernel that had speakup in it so speakup would work. I hadn't built kernels before so when trying to install gentoo that's where I got stopped several years ago. good luck!

On Mon, 5 Sep 2016, austinAustin quesada wrote:

Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 16:59:59
From: austinAustin quesada <austin arq gmail com>
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] Ot: getting speakup started on a gentoo install cd or
    dvd?

Hey guys. I know this isn't orca spasific, but i couldn't think of
anywhere to ask, as i can't find this information myself. Does anyone
know how to get speakup running in a gentoo live environment. From
what i have read speakup is included in the environment, but i am
literally going to try gentoo for the first time, and i'm not sure if
i just type espeakup at the promt or what. Any help would be much
appreciated.