Thanks
Kendell Clark

Thanks
Kendell Clark

Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hi Kendell.

Are you accessing these items via flat review?

--joanie

On 2016-08-31 19:15, kendell clark wrote:
hi all
The subject line is a little vague because I'm not exactly sure how to
describe what's going on. The best way I can is by describing the mate
panel. If you're on a laptop and your battery is discharging, the mate
panel will show a label on it's power icon that looks like "laptop
battery 2 hours and 30 minutes left (76 percent).

Orca will read this same label until the battery dies completely unless
you restart orca. At which point it gets the new updated label. This is
true for every icon on the panel that displays a label that changes.
Battery power, weather, even the sound volume.

That brings to mind another thing I've noticed. The sound volume by
default reads as "sound output volume" and nothing else. You have to
press control+f1  to get the volume. This isn't a complaint, just
wondering if orca could read that without control+f1 needing to be
pressed? I suppose this might need to be configurable because if it read
it by default someone is going to come along and say it's too verbose
and so on, and I'm not even sure this is an orca bug. I *think* it is
but I'm not positive.
Thanks
Kendell Clark