Re: [orca-list] xfce?

I've not gotten XFCE to talk until I got sighted help to enable accessiblity option in the main menu, but
others have reported they have just by putting
the standard
gtk atk bridge line(s) in their .xinitrc

export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN="gtk"
export GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge

The 2nd line is the more important one.
If you do not have a ~/.xinitrc file with your setup then make a file in /etc/profile.d/with the same lines
in it, and I do both personally.
I just took a look at crouton installation how-to, and I'm guessing you don't have ~/.xinitrc  from the
instructions I read.
Some say that the gtk accessiblity lines can go in gtkrc files, but my quick experiments a few years ago did
not back this up, but you can look in to
where the best place to put this stuff would be in your situation.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Nimer Jaber wrote:
Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 06:03:29PM +0000

   Actually, you can install gnome and unity as well... I installed gnome,
   then entered the chroot, and installed mate on top of that. XFCE did not
   come up talking for me when I installed it, although I also didn't really
   take time to explore why...

   Thanks.
   On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 12:24 PM mattias jonsson