Re: [orca-list] orca+voxin says backquote pf zero

I did a complete re-install and now voxin worksfine.

 to listen to.

On 11/29/2016 01:24 AM, Janina Sajka wrote:
I don't have voxin and I'm not familiar with its particular build, or
its backend business arrangements. I would expect it relies on ibmtts,
so may be addressable via the api that was released a decade ago:

http://ibmtts-sdk.sourceforge.net/

Regretably, there are builtin pronunciations that grow ever more amusing
with time in this engine. I say amusing with tongue in cheek, as they're
actually quite annoying in reality. Some of my favorites:

dem becomes Deutsche Marks
bsd becomes Bahamian Dollars.
cd becomes Candellas

Hope the above pointer helps, John!

Janina

John G Heim writes:
I recently configured orca to speak via IBM TTS voxin. BBut it frequently
starts a phrase by saying backquote p f zero. Sometimes it says backquote p
f one. Is there any way to get it to stop doing that?
John G. Heim; jheim math wisc edu; sip://jheim sip linphone org