Re: [orca-list] OT: Good command line tool for translation with google translate

[chrys87]

maybe someone is looking for a good commandline tool for translation (like
me :) ). I found a good one and would like to share it to you:
its called translate-shell
Website:
http://www.soimort.org/translate-shell/
Its also available in AUR:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/translate-shell/
you can use it with this command
translate-shell :en Zuhause
or in the handy brife mode (usefull for scripting :) -> i did an shortcut to
translate the clipboard with this
translate-shell :en -b Zuhause
you also can translate a sentences not just a single word:
translate-shell :en -b "Ich bleibe heute Zuhause"

sorry for hyping this :) but it made my day :) and maybe it would help
someone.

Thank you for sharing. Tried it now, and one thing that annoys me, is
that there are a lot of escape characters in its output. I've tried it
in real text mode.

But anyway, a really efficient tool.

Lars