[orca-list] selections in firefox not working when selecting by word

I am just building latest master as I write this, so maybe this was an aberration that was only present in one build, or at any rate has gone away, but last night when I was trying to select some words, from an edit field as I recall, I was sent to another page, i.e. al link was activated instead of some text being selected. I was using control shift right arrow.
I do not ever remember this happening before.
I worked around the problem by selecting the line using the down arrow plus control.
Has anyone else experienced this behavior? If so, under what conditions?
Thanks in advance for any replies that may help to clarify this oddity.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886