Re: [orca-list] an odd issue when using caja

Hey Kendell.

Actually, that's their bug. I filed it here:
https://github.com/mate-desktop/caja/issues/530

--joanie

On 03/31/2016 07:01 AM, kendell clark wrote:
hi all
I'm not sure if I've reported this hear or not, but hear goes. When
using caja as a file manager, you can occasionally run into this bug.
Steps to reproduce. Press alt+e to open the edit menu and go down to
preferences. Once in the preferences dialog, press the left arrow until
you land on "display". In the first combo box, which is unlabeled, it
has a value of "none". This controlls what they call icon captions,
which means caja will append only one extra bit of info to the icon's
description in addition to the name and type. Set this combo box to
"size". Next, if you have a music, text, etc file who's extension ends
in a number, highlight it. Orca should say for example, "test.mp4 2.5 mb
mpeg4 video." Instead, orca says "test.mp42.5 mb mpeg4 video. I reported
this to the mate developers, and they say the size info is in a
different column of the tree view, but I'm not so sure. It's appending
the info to the icon's description so there are no columns to separate
the info. Joanie, if you're not too busy would you mind looking into
this? This is not absolutely critical in any way, I'm just trying to fix
the few remaining bugs in mate since I've got some time between sonar
releases.
Thanks
Kendell Clark