[orca-list] a strange issue in the caja file manager

hi all
I'm writing to report a strange issue in caja, as well as pcmanfm file
managers. This isn't an accessibility issue, but rather, I think, an
orca issue. When navigating around the icon pane, when opening folders,
orca will nearly always report "icon view layered pane zero items"
regardless how many items there are in the folder. In caja's case, orca
will also report "icon view. 1 of 3. when opening a folder but before
arrowing around. This doesn't happen in pcmanfm, but I still  get the
"icon view layered pane zero items". Could this be a result of the new
icon selection code? This is only a guess, and this isn't a huge issue,
just a curious one. Can anyone else confirm this? Note that  my
installed caja is gtk2, not gtk3. I'll be glad to provide a debug log on
request. As usual, this is with latest orca master.
Thanks
Kendell Clark