Re: [orca-list] no sound in orca

You need to give us more iformation, i.e. what distro are you using, are yo using the program versions that
came on the image you installed from or have
you updated things, and if you have updated have you updated everything, or just orca, which orca version are
yo using, does other sound work correctly,
and just for good measure what is your hardware, i.e. CPU, memory, and do you have more than one sound card?
Have you tried pressing alt super s once the desktop has loaded or at what ever point you lose speech?
For that matter, what desktop are you using, i.e. gnome, mate, unity, XFCE, or something else?
What happens if you open a terminal and type orca or orca --replace?
Many times orca does not auto start correctly, especially right after installation. Often once you have
started it once it will keep working uppon reboots.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:
Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 11:38:26PM +0200

Hi.
I have no sound at all using orca.
I can hear orca at the log in screen, but when I log in it stops. I
just get braille.
Can you help me with this please?
/Kristoffer

--