Re: [orca-list] QT accessibility on Fedora

I may have some conflicts because of my custom gui, extra global shortcuts, or who knows what else, but you
might want to try alt a to launch the audio
wizard for example, and just listen to avaible shortcuts navigating through the menus to see what works.
I know back when I first installed mumble and was using xfce or mate I had some shortcuts workiing that do
not work on my current setrup here on arch.
Iii am almost certain I had a couple different shortcuts working  last time I ran mumble on Vinux.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  B. Henry wrote:
Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 05:53:57PM -0500

I am not sure about mumble, but if it is 32bit only you may need to do something to get 32bit qt
accessibility if you have a 64 bit system. Skype is known
for this, but there are some tohers. I think I have a native 64bit mumble packge though.
Mumble is accessible.
It does not open menus on some distros / in some desktops exacly as you are used to howeve perhapas
Actually I ithink my Vinux installation of mumble, and my debian one do open menus with alt however, and my
arch one for sure does.
Other than that you use tab and sometimes contextual, (right click), menus to get at other stuff.
The text chat is the only thing with limited accessibility that I know of  off the top of my head.
YOu can not scroll through text chats, but they are read when you tab in to or out of them. Use select all
and delete to get rid of old messages so you
only hear the most recent one or ones and you can copy them to a text file so you have older messages to
refer to.
 I just tried some combinations, and did not fin anything special, but was just using trial and error.
Alt s takes you directly to the settings submenu, so if alt doesn't open menus for you just use alt s, alt
u for the user menu, alt c for copnnections,
etc, and once in menus you can move to others using right and left arrows.
I don't know what builde of which version your distro uses, but again, no trouble here on Arch, Manjaro
based F123, Vinux, Debian or anything else I may
have tried.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Nolan Darilek wrote:
Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 05:29:13PM -0500

Hmm, doesn't seem to matter that I rebooted, so either I did it wrong or
this app isn't accessible.

I'm trying to use the Mumble client. Is that known not to play nicely with
a11y? I think it's QT-based.