Re: [orca-list] starting orca on a new debian install.

Looks like you need to set your DISPLAY variable. Try something like:

$ DISPLAY=:0
$ export DISPLAY

You can check to see if it was set with the command

$ echo $DISPLAY

You can Google to learn more or maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can answer your questions.