Re: [orca-list] page number reading

Hey Kendell.

This is on my to-do list. Part of the fix will need to be in the apps
themselves though, implementing the page-changed signal.

--joanie

On 06/09/2016 05:25 AM, kendell clark wrote:
hi all
I think I may have brought this up once before, but I can't remember for
sure. I've got a couple of people, including mellisa, asking me if orca
can read page numbers. I know she in particular has gotten used to
hearing page numbers using this program called jart, which is a sort of
suped up wordpad. I can't find any options anywhere in orca's settings,
not even in text formatting. Would it be possible to add this
functionality, if it's not already there? I myself would find it useful,
but it's not so critical I'm going to die if I don't get it. Joanie, I
can't remember if you answered the email I sent last time I asked for
this but if you did, would you mind refreshing me on what you said? I
don't want to pull the same thing I did when asking for orca to speak
multimedia keys in learn mode again. If this were added it should of
course be configurable, I'm just not sure where it would fit best? Text
formatting options? Voice or speech options? I don't know if there's a
universal way of detecting page numbering in most applications, but
libreoffice should support this, and other text editors like pluma and
gedit might.
What do the rest of you guys think, is adding page numbering a good idea?
Thanks
Kendell Clark