Re: [orca-list] About Caja's layout

As written about in other messages, where performance/speed is important and caja is too slow, pcmanfm is a
great choice.
I've always found it to be faster than other accessible filemanagers, and it offers severl view/layout
alternatives.
Of course performance will always be better on a bare metal installation as opposed to a vm.
It may or may not matter much, or at all for the moment  anyway on your ubuntu-mate release, but in general I
recommend adding the lubuntu-daily repo to
your software sources.
On arch and manjaro based distros I've used the pcmanfm-git padckage, but this has some dependency
complications currently.
    If you have trouble finding the urls for the repo in question, mail me of list and I'll send you my .list
file for lubuntu-daily repo.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Sukil Etxenike wrote:
Mon, Jun 06, 2016 at 11:46:53AM +0200

Hello,

I am new to Linux and Orca. I am currently using Ubuntu Mate on a VM, and so
far I like it a lot (except when Orca doesn't start up for some unknown
reason).

My question is, is there a way for Caja to behave as if the file and folder
list was "flat", as opposed to in a tree view (list view, too slow for my
VM) or a two-column or a three-column grid (compact and default view,
respectively)? Or is there a file manager which can do this, without being
slower?

Thanks,

Sukil