Re: [orca-list] latest orca master cannot load alternative settings profiles

I'm seeing a traceback.

Will take a look. Thanks!
--joanie

On 06/06/2016 01:03 PM, Max wrote:
Hi Kendell.

Rather - it is not associated with profiles.
If you open the settings dialog "orca" and press the button "OK", "orca"
stops to talk.
In my case, "orca" stops to talk, even if I'm in the settings do not
change anything.

kendell clark пишет:
hi all
Steps to reproduce. First, make sure you're running the most recent orca
master, doing a git pull right before you build is always helpful. Make
an alternative settings profile with obvious differences so you can hear
them. Faster or slower rate, higher pitch, etc. To do that, in the
general page go down to profiles and click on save as. Give it a name
and  then change the settings like usual. Normally whenyou'd go to load
an alternative profile, orca will immediately load the new profile. It
does load some of the settings when you click on the "load" button and
then the "yes" button when the confirmation screen shows up, but when
you click on "ok" to exit the settings, it does nothing. Sorry if I'm a
little rambly, it's nearly 7 in the morning and I need to get some
sleep. If this gets fixed, would it be possible to have orca load the
speech synth and voice when you first click on the "load" button? I use
different espeak voices for different programs, which works flawlessly.
I also use a much slower speed when I'm reading for pleasure, and for
that I load a separate settings profile. Ok, I've rambled long enough, I
need that nap lol. Can anyone else confirm this bug? It's on sonar
linux, completely up to date as of 20 minutes ago and orca master, also
completely up to date as of 20 minutes ago
Thanks and goodnight all
Kendell Clark

GNOME Universal Access guide: