Re: [orca-list] Gnome question

You can turn off monitor, or turn the brightness down to almost nothing if not nothing.
You can runvinux unity with out a monitor connected.
In gnome just put the brightness to zero. It's on the top bar the 2nd item from the top I think it is.
Vinux also has monitor toggle, and you can use sudo vbetool dpms off and on with anything older than kerneln
4.2 I think, well most things.
It does not work on arch however, and not sure about oterh distros with very new kernels.
The xset command or better yet xrandr can turn off your monitor, so you can have your darkness, but you will
need it with many distros/desktops unless you
can make a dummy driver work.
I'll attach a monitor toggle script that is part of vinux I slightly changed that you can use/bind to a hot
key in most any modern desktop.
Just cdopy it in to your path, e.g. /usr/local/bin/ making sure it is executable, ie.
sudo chmod 755 path/to/monitor-toggle

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Vojtěch Šmiro wrote:
Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 09:13:14AM +0200

Hello.

I am sorry but I don't know where can I write my question, so I write there.

I have got old computer without screen, I mean monitor (device plugged in
the computer).

When I use mate, it is OK, but Unity and Gnome cannot be used without it. Is
some way, how to work qwithout screen? I haven't got place to have it in my
room and when it lights, it is very uncomfortable for my eyes.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Vojta.