[orca-list] Orca configuration conflicts on upgrade from two Orca versions

Dear Orca community,

I'm trying to migrate my system from Orca 3.16 to Orca 3.20. I've noticed configuration break. For example, a new parameter "toggle_enabled" has been added to the Firefox/Thunderbird configuration that replaces an old one that manages "how the application controls the caret".

As all our users have their own configuration and if we migrate them to 3.20 release their customized configuration could be broken as I see.

How does Orca manage configuration upgrade?

Best regards
--
Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager