[orca-list] Re : VINUX-SUPPORT: orca on debian ?

----- norman <lists thekingstech com> a écrit :
Hi all.
I've been attempting to install debian with a desktop UI in the last
several days. I can get the installer to talk and successfully install
it. However when i reboot it does not want to talk no matter what i do.
Does anyone know, is orca included in the debian repository as a package
that gets installed by default?

Yes. It depends on how you installed Debian. In particular, what additional tools have you choosed at tasksel
step. What desktop have you choosed (default, other)?

Anyway Debian should speak after reboot, even if GUI does not speak, as speakup should run automatically
given that you installed with speech? So probably a sound problem.

Regards

If not, is there a way i can change this?

Thanks.

--
Remember to frequently check our Wiki: http://wiki.vinuxproject.org
Our website: http://www.vinuxproject.org