Re: [orca-list] UBUNTU Mate 15.04 ARM architecture and Orca support

As far as I know no work has been done to make the touch in Ubuntu/Unity work with speech.
Hopefully sometime after the one size fits all devices  Unity comes out, 16.10 is now the target I guess,
work can start on this.
Things have changed so much that it is all that the one guy who works on accessability for the blind part
time can do to keep the everchanging unity
talking with the keyboard&mouse interfaces.
Maybe Luke can chime in with more specific comments, but from what I can deduce I'd not be looking for
anything ths year re accessible touch, I'm not
particularly optimistic for 2017, and it'd be the all device spin of unity that could/would be where
accessible touch lands assuming it happens at all.
     Unless an all device Ubuntu becomes a solid #3 in the mobile market I'd not expect rapid progress, but I
do certainly hope more resources/manhours
get directed at accessible touch for Linux soon.
I think canonical made more than one decission that wiill cost them in their drive to have a true cross
device OS/interface. They killed Ubuntuone which
would have helped them a lot  in this cloudy world we now live in. Pushing back the delivery date for
unifying unity,  (how about omni-OS?), so long
means it will have to be something really great to get people's attention when ever it finally hits the
streets.
I'm getting OT, but do so to try and explain why I am not sitting on the edge of my seat waiting on a beta of
a fun  and easy to use accessible unity
touch to be announced.
Please prove me wrong!

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Mgr. Janusz Chmiel wrote:
Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 07:40:59PM +0100

Dear developers,
            How complex would be to integrate support for touch displays
which are incorporated on many Mobile phones which run Android operating
system.
Orca support mouse movement detection, would be this algorithm extended to
support detection of The movement in The Touch display?
The first condition is, thaat Ubuntu Xorg server and other components will
support touch display to.
Because I Am afraid, that because of The existence of Android operating
system, nobody will make many complex programs and modulesto support Ubuntu
touch with screen reader.
It would be perfect to have Ubuntu Mate, there is even precompiled ARM
Ubuntu Mate 15.04 image. The only one issue is The knowledge how to force
powerful ANdroidkernel to mount and unmount partitions and how to write raw
.img data to SD cart with no need to use SD cart reader to write .img file
to SD cart.
Does somebody of us tried booting ARM precompiled Ubuntu or Debian?
Which version of Ubuntu Unity will support build in touch displays of
Android devices?
Or Ubuntu touch will be The onlyone operating system which can be used for
this task?

Here is precompiled Ubuntu Mate 15.04 for testing.

http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/project/berryboot/os_images/Ubuntu_Mate_15.04.img192

If somebody will know how to install Beryboot boot manager to SD cart while
using perfectly rooted ANdroid phone, lte Me know by personal E-mail out of
thismailing list.