Re: [orca-list] How to use spellcheckers with Orca?

Yes, that's true. In Thunderbird and Firefox, it works very well.

In Writer, on the Tools menu, I find the option Language. But all is
already set to portuguese.

Actually, I have already imagined it. When I am on a wrong word, by
means of application menu, I can correct the word. In other words, the
spellcheck is active and it's possible to make corrections.

The problem is that Orca does not read automaticaly that an mistake is
present. The expected behaviour is that observed in Thunderbird and
Firefox interactions.

In order to verify if the problem is about portuguese implementation
of Writer spellcheck, I wrote a paragraph in English. So by the
application menu, I define the language of paragraph as english. I
wrote strawberr in stead of strawberry. On the application menu, I
really found the correct spellling and I could change it. But only
scanning with arrows, no Orca does not say anything as it does in
Thunderbird and Firefox.

I am using Orca 3.18.1 and LibreOffice 4.2.8.2

Hi,

Luciano
Firstly Orca works very well with spellcheck.
If you try this in Thunderbird or Firefox, any wrong word will be announced
as miss speled.
then you can move to that word with arrows and right click with the Orca
mouce click keys.
With Libre office, the issue is not about Orca, perhaps you have not set
your default language for all text.
In the tools menu you will get language selection go to all text and then
select your language.
Now the Orca behaviour will be of some use because the spell check will be
active.
Happy hakcing.
Krishnakant.