[orca-list] a couple of questions about the upcoming sound icon support

hi all
I'm writing in to ask a couple of questions about the upcoming sound
icon support, since I like the idea. I'm not completely sure what sound
icons are, but from what I remember, it's to allow speech synths to have
sounds in place of things like punctuation marks, check boxes, etc.
Would this enable orca to, for example, play one sound when it enters
focus mode and a second when it enters browse mode? I can see lots of
uses for something like this. Second, will it eventually, I know the
support isn't hooked up yet, be possible to configure what sounds play
for what, and which are turned on and off, that kind of thing? If I can
get some kind of specification for sound icons, I can try to put
together a freedesktop sound icon theme, since there doesn't seem to be
any at the moment.
Thanks
Kendell Clark