Re: [orca-list] Proposed patch for progress beeps

With your code, if I load up a Python REPL and set percentage = 1, I get 110. If I set it to 100, I get 3957.

This exacerbates the issue. I don't know what 3957 Hz sounds like, but I do know what middle C and an octave above that sounds like.

Imagine if progress bars were some weird random size, and a sighted person had to look at them and guess how far along progress was. They don't have arbitrary values, but fixed borders along which progress moves. I don't care whether we have one octave or 2, whether it's A-A, C-C, A#-A#. But I do think we need tones with known bounds that we can easily conceptualize.

Anyhow, I'll attach this patch to the bug report soon. Having some internet issues here and web use is painful ATM.