[orca-list] Very painful experience with auto-focus mode in Firefox

I'm attempting to access the Google developer console for configuring Google apps.

Unfortunately, Orca is pretty aggressively switching to focus mode as I navigate around with the caret. This makes using the console rough, because as soon as it switches, my arrow and other navigation keys stop working and I have to switch to browse mode. The switch only takes for a few seconds before Orca has yanked me back to focus mode.

I looked in Firefox's settings and the items for switching to focus mode during caret navigation are unchecked. Kind of unclear why this is happening as it's making my task impossible.

Thanks for any pointers.