Re: [orca-list] Use Linux as a daily driver

Is there a Stretch live DVD?

I tried installing from the Jesse live DVD. On my first try, I made some progress but abandoned it for reasons not relevant now. My other attempts got me nowhere. In any event, although I had Orca at a good volume (and Speakup, for that matter), starting the installer reduced the speech volume to almost nothing, and I could not fix it with either amixer or alsamixer.

I have installed Jesse from a net-install CD, though. Orca's talking nicely, and I hope Speakup will as well once I follow the instructions for kicking PulseAudio out of the way.

Al