Re: [orca-list] orca makes qt5 applications extremely unstable (or maybe at-spi ?)

I use pcmanfm-git, have used it forever in arch and it does not pop up anyu search thingy.
There are unfortunately dependency problems, so not sure about installing to a new system from the AUR, nor
if recent  updates to libfm can be applied
I'm using
pcmanfm-git 1.2.4.r0.gacfa207-1
and
libfm-gtk-git 1.2.3.10.g7897241-1
The libfm-gtk-git is a quite old version, but it still works.
I can certainly always start typing withg the desired result of going to the item in my working directory
starting with said letter or letters.
I will gladly share my packages, and if ther is interest from more than a couple of people make the package
available on my website. I have a 64bit
machine, not sure how to rebuild for a 32bit box off the top of my head, but eventually will look in to this
as well, or sooner if someone can tell me how
off list.
I'd be lost with out ppcmanfm.
Problems may occur when adding pcmanfm to a system running gnome or perhaps even mate, at least at one time
it was a bit complicated to work around other
filemanager(s) depending on another libfm package, think it was libfm-extra or something based on that name.
I've tried QT versions of several packages that also offered a GTK front end, and I believe with out
exception eventually if not right away settled on the
GTK package, transmission and deluge torrent clients come to mind, but there have been a few others.
  Well, I wanted to say I've had no issues with qt apps, but just tried to start mumble, have the tts
snapshot version from the arch aur, and nothing.
Tried directly starting the executable as well as using the .desktop file, nothing, not sure what is going on
there. I will try when I have a chance after
a reboot.
Tried a couple other QT apps with out issue, but wish I could open app specific settinggs for teamtalk. This
has never worked however. The progressbar
beeps are very annoying as volume levels as maybe other things are changing, can't remember if latency is
displayed or not in teamtalk.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Tyna Pelletier-Bilodeau wrote:
Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 05:28:04AM -0500

Hi,
recently I've been using pcmanfm-qt from git as my primary file manager,
because they finally switched away from qt4 in their development version,
due to the fact I was extremely annoyed at every gtk file manager for
popping that useless search bar every time I type a letter instead of
bringing me to the first file starting with that letter. However I've been
constantly struggling with it, and had to keep the gtk2 version of pcmanfm
nearby for most things (i.e: copy/paste, cut/paste, ...) The problems here
seem to be hit at random (I can go in a directory, go back from it without
crash, but the next time I do that pcmanfm will crash). I think those are
really important to fix, as none of them happens when orca isn't running. I
tried using accerciser but it failed, I'm no expert <smiles>. My distro is
archlinux up to date. For those who want to test (if any), the package is
pcmanfm-qt-git in the AUR. Also I use orca master up to date as of
yesterday.
Thanks