Re: [orca-list] chat support, some questions

Hey Kendell.

I'll take a look. Thanks!
--joanie

On 08/23/2016 08:04 AM, kendell clark wrote:
hi all
The subject line is a little vague because I'm not sure what to call it.
Orca has generic support for chat programs like pidgin, empathy, etc.
Would it be possible to add chat support for mumble and linphone? Right
now, mumble's text support is a little strange. Orca can't navigate
through the chat log with the arrow keys, only by using flat review. The
log area appears to be a read only text area but orca can't navigate it.
Linphone is the same. Orca doesn't announce new incoming messages,
although a sound is played for mumble. This isn't critical by any means,
just something I've been wondering about.  Is orca's support for orca+1
through 0 to read the last 10 messages generic to any chat app or does
it need to be implemented for each app? Basically I'm wondering if it
wouldn't be possible to abstract support for chat apps like you did with
the new terminal app. You'd probably still need an app specific script
if the app had bugs you had to work around but it might be less work
this way.  I'm no expert at all though and could be completely wrong
though, just curious.
Thanks
Kendell Clark