[orca-list] is this an orca bug? changing speech-dispatcher's support for espeak's varients doesn't enable the varients to show up

hi all
Steps to reproduce. Make sure you are running speech dispatcher 0.8.5.
Then enable espeak's varient support by editing
/etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak.conf or espeak-ng.conf, whichever
you're using. Change " espeak-list-voice-varients" from 0 to 1, then
save and close. Then kill speech-dispatcher with killall
speech-dispatcher. What should happen is speech-dispatcher will restart
and orca will have several thousand more voices to choose from. That
doesn't seem to happen. I've already restarted orca to see if that might
fix the problem. It's possible speech-dispatcher now has proper varient
support and orca just needs to be updated to support it, I'm not sure.
If this is a speech-dispatcher bug, I apologize for the noise, but I'm
not sure. Can anyone else confirm? This happens with orca master  and
stable.
Thanks
Kendell Clark