Re: [orca-list] JAWS conflicting with Orca

Hi Paul,

The issue sounds like Windows is still passing the keystrokes to JAWS even when the VM is active, which is more of a Windows/JAWS/VM issue than an Orca one.

I use a similar setup, although mine is the other way around - i.e. I use Linux and Orca, with VMWare running a Windows 7 VM with JAWS.

As soon as the VM gets focus, Orca is silent and JAWS works fine. I am guessing this is down to how the VMWare keyboard driver intercepts the events - perhaps they did a better job with the Linux one compared to the Windows one.

Have you tried running your VM in full screen? Maybe that will force the key events through to the VM without JAWS picking them up.

Could you also look at changing either the JAWS or Orca hotkeys so they don't conflict?

Failing that, you might have more luck on a JAWS-specific list, as this isn't something that Orca has any control over, as it is just running inside the VM with no knowledge of the Windows/JAWS environment running on the host.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Regards,

Nick