Re: [orca-list] default voice setting not available

Hi again.

This looks like it might be a downstream issue. Because I removed the
gnome-orca package and built Orca from git. I cannot reproduce it in the
following:

* master branch
* gnome-3-20 branch
* gnome-3-18 branch
* ORCA_3_18_2 tag (The live CD is using Orca 3.18.2)

Then when I reinstalled the distro's gnome-orca package, I could again
reproduce it.

Each time, in order to reproduce the problem, I did the following:
1. remove the directory containing Orca's settings
   ($HOME/.local/share/orca).
2. in a terminal, I launched Orca using 'orca -s'
3. press the 'ok' button

Having verified the bug wasn't present, I uninstalled the being-tested
version of Orca (master, 3.20, 3.18.3pre, 3.18.2), installed the
to-be-tested version of Orca, and repeated steps 1, 2, and 3 above.

Since I can only reproduce the problem if I use the live CD's orca
package, I think it would make sense to report this downstream. Though
Luke Yelavich is on this mailing list, so he may be reading this right
now. <smiles>

Lastly, a related aside: I did see a small, harmless traceback when I
reproduced the steps using Orca from upstream. I have committed a fix in
the gnome-3-18 branch, the gnome-3-20 branch, and master. That won't fix
the problem reported here, however.

--joanie