Re: [orca-list] Podcasts and/or audio tutorials needed

I do agree that there is a need for audio demos and or training materials for Linux that are made for and
hopefully in many cases by those who use Orca,
Speakup and other Linux accessability tools.
I usually prefer text howtos, either in plain text files or html if they are more comprehensive/covering a
range of topics or a complex topic in more
detail.
Some folks learn best from one media type, others from another, some from a mix of more than one, and some
can learn from just about anything. (Yeah,
some will never learn no matter what they are given...),
Podcasts, youtube vids, or some audio book format, i.e. dasy could all be helpful resources, and would help
atract and keep new users.
The only thing I really ever here of are presentations of a distro, maybe including  short demos of the most
basic  features and navigation, but more to
show that it is possible than to teach someone to actually use the software.
maybe one of these days I can make something, but I'm more in to interactive sessions either in person or via
voice chat; or just writing how-to docs.
A lot of blinks like to talk

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Glenn wrote:
Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 11:24:07PM -0500

   Hi,
   I put Sonar on a DVD for a friend who wants to learn Linux.
   He does not live close by, and he currently does not have Internet access.
   I have a thumb drive of his that I am putting some audio onto for him, to
   be mailed to him.
   I would like some podcasts and/or audio tutorials that I could put on it
   so he can listen to that and get started.
   Thanks, and if you have specific links, that would help.
   Glenn