Re: [orca-list] bug with this bbc site:

heya,
I indeed have flash installed.
tar,
Majid Hussain

On 18/10/2015, Tony Baechler <tony baechler net> wrote:
On 10/18/2015 3:36 AM, Majid Hussain wrote:
i'm using orca master on sonar mate.
stepps to reproduce,
1.
go to
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p034162z
2.
when the page has loaded, try to navigate to the imbedded media player.
3.
what should happen,
orca should present the buttons of the player.
what it does,
orca says blank
instead of the controlls.

Hi,

I know this seems obvious and I apologize if this is unhelpful, but have you

installed Flash?  I know there were some major security issues with Flash on

all platforms and I think Flash support on Linux is not great.  I believe
Sonar only ships free software which Flash definitely isn't, so I would
guess that Flash is not included.  I don't use Sonar, so someone correct me

if I'm wrong.  Without Flash, the BBC site won't work and it would make
sense for Orca not to display the player since it requires Flash.  If you do

have Flash installed, please disregard as you probably did find an Orca
bug.