Re: [orca-list] Odd readouts from Orca and Evince

Hi Alfonzo.

Does the text appear correct if you use pdftotext to convert it?

--joanie

On 10/10/2015 10:45 PM, Alfonzo Cuellar wrote:
Hey all,

I am using hte latest Orca, 3.18 as well as Evince.

I have a PDF that was printed as PDF when I saved hte document.

I looked at hte PDF, and all the words and sentences seem fine.

However, when I read this PDF with Orca, I notice that orca will do the
following.

This is the best way I can explain.

tHe SuN is vaLuaBle.

When I look at the actual sentence, it clearly is presented as the
following text.

The sun is valuable.

Not sure how this is happening.

But I have also seen this in other PDFs, just not as prevalent.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks,

Alfonzo Cuellar