Re: [orca-list] Syncthing Web Interface

Storm Dragon <stormdragon2976 gmail com> wrote:
In syncthing, the web interface has a list of devices and folders. These
have to be clicked with the mouse to activate. I know you can do orca+left
click to set focus to them, they are not clickables, so the clickable list
doesn't work for them, and the orca+left click things very rarely works for
them. Is there something that can be done to make this more reliable?

Yes. The developers of that Web site can use ARIA markup to make it more
accessible to users of all screen readers, including Orca. They could also
bring it into conformance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, a
widely endorsed standard of Web accessibility.

If Orca doesn't recgnize the controls as buttons, options, menu items etc.,
then this strongly indicates that ARIA is not being used. If Orca doesn't
recognize the controls as clickable, then I suspect the "click" event handler
isn't registered on the individual controls. Orca should nevertheless be able
to move the pointer there and simulate a click operation, but you've really
reached the moment at which it's best to encourage the Web site maintainers to
fix the accessibility at their end.