[orca-list] problem getting speech at gdm login

Hi.  I am currently unable to get speech at the gdm login prompt.  I
have speech dispatcher running system wide and use inetd communication
method, but  if I put  --debug in
/usr/share/gdm/greeter/autostart/orca-autostart.desktop I discover that
the client wants to use unix-socket method instead.  For my regular user
-- in fact system wide I have SPEECHD_ADDRESS=inet_socket:localhost:6560
and that works fine.  So, how do I get this into gdm, so it has this
address?  I have tried to set the environment variable in my systemd
unit, but no joy.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?