Re: [orca-list] Is anyone still using the Orca console setup?

Hey Janina.

On 11/13/2015 01:06 PM, Janina Sajka wrote:

but I've been able to get an initial configuration because Speakup
has covered voicing the options.

Really? In my testing the biggest problem has been that the
configuration isn't getting saved.

Probably my best reason for still using this old, mostly broken feature
is that it gives me a fairly good indication whether or not I have a
working desktop environment installed.

Actually, I find this curious too. Because the console setup is
deliberately designed to work without a working desktop environment
installed.

If you have some spare time to test one or both of the above to confirm
that Orca's console setup is indeed accomplishing what you stated, I
would find that helpful. Thanks!

--joanie